OK, I got this spam email today and it has earned Sheila (if that’s her real name) the eBiz411 Stupid Marketer Award.
Here’s what the email said:
Ok let’s stop fooling our selves your 9-5 job will not
give you a 5 digit income even if you work your body dead.
Have you heard of people making money online? i am one of them.
Whether you like it or not internet is the big thing now and it
will keep growing so deal with it.
Join now click the link below:
Its either you join the ride or get left behind.
- Do you think maybe it is “Sheila” who needs to stop fooling herself?
- Does she really think that spamming people with the foregoing email is going to make her money?
- Does anyone really believe she is one of the people making money online?
- Is there anyone anywhere dumb enough to respond to an email like this?
- Sheila wants me to “join now” but nowhere does she indicate what I am joining or how it will help me, other than the vague implication that I can make money like Sheila supposedly does.
- Does Sheila’s authoritarian “like it or not,” “deal with it,” “join the ride or get left behind” approach help you know, like and trust her?
- Sheila didn’t include a physical mailing address or an unsubscribe link in her email. Does she know that each such email she sent subjects her to a potential fine of $16,000?
- Oh, and Sheila is mistaken in her belief that a “9-5 job will not give you a 5 digit income.” I do believe a lot of people working 9-5 jobs (even at minimum wage) make at least $10,000 without the need to “work your body dead.”
Forrest Gump was right – “stupid is as stupid does.” Good luck with your stupid business plan Sheila. Thanks for spamming me. I hope this award in some small way repays your efforts.